Tuesday, July 30, 2013

BEACH WEAR & BEACH READS

Hi everyone! 
Last week in the UK it was hot, sunny weather. So hot that I actually managed to go to the beach and swim in the sea! I know, it's hard to believe that we actually get hot weather here, but it's true! However it didn't last long as for the past 3 days we have had rain and thunder. Great. But the sunny weather put me in a beach mood and now I am craving a holiday! So here is my Beach Wear and Beach Reads post!

Beach Wear



Here are some of my favourite things to wear on the beach. 
In the first picture is a floral, bright bikini. The picture doesn't show how bright and pretty it actually is! It is a lot more pink and blue than what the picture shows. It has one line of frill on the bottom and two lines on the top. I adore bright bikinis as they remind me of hot tropical places and I love frills so the two together just made a perfect bikini! The top has removable straps and in the store the straps were in a separate little bag which I actually dropped so ever since I have had to use this black one or have it strapless. Oops!
(I will tell you where I bought everything later)
In the second picture is a navy blue and white striped bikini top. I don't know why but for some reason I didn't buy the bottoms so I have to mix and match with all my others. This bikini top also has removable straps but this time I didn't loose the correct ones! I love the colour and it's also really comfortable to wear in and out of the water. I hate bikinis which are uncomfortable to wear while sunbathing but this one is great!
The third picture is of some shorts which I will sometimes wear over bikini bottoms. It is actually quite a bold purple which isn't showing up in the picture. They are elasticated around the top so they are comfortable to wear. One thing I would say though is not to wear them on water slides! The amount of times I have got stuck down a water slide where it has caught on a bump is ridiculous and so embarrassing! 
Now for the prices and where I bought everything
Picture 1: £12 from New Look
Picture 2: £4 from New Look
Picture 3: 7 from a stall in Portugal

Beach Reads

Here are my beach reads for this summer. 
I got both of these books from Waterstones, they were both £6.99. Insurgent is actually second in the Divergent Trilogy which is coming out as a movie soon. I read Divergent in about 3 days so I had to buy Insurgent! Divergent was amazing and it is one of my favourite books so I would definitely recommend it. If you check out the link above it will give you a description of each book in the trilogy.
I was looking for more books to read on Waterstones and they recommended Matched after Insurgent. I read the blurb and I was instantly hooked. Here is what it says:
"On her seventeenth birthday, Cassia meets her match. Society dictates he is her perfect partner for life. Except he's not. In Cassia's society, Officials decide who people love. How many children they have. Where they work. When they die. But, as Cassia finds herself falling in love with another boy, she is determined to make some choices of her own. And that's when he whole world begins to unravel."
I think it sounds amazing and I can't wait to start reading! Would you like a review on these books? Let me know and I'll write one up!
I thought I would give you an idea of how long each book is so I made this picture below;
You can see they are not small books but I think once you get into them, you wont care about the size.

Overall, of the whole post, I think you should definitely try out New Look bikinis and maybe give one of these books a go too! 

Enjoy your summer!

3 comments:

  1. Love the swim stuff i'm probs gonna get them

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral bikini is definitely something I would wear...love it! I'm a book nerd...I read both and loved them. Try the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver...great author! Let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about that series, I will definitely give it a try and come back to you! Thank you for reading:)x

      Delete